Senior Center Facility Rental
The Converse Senior Center, located at 405 S. Seguin Road, Converse Texas 78109, is available for rent to Local Non-profit Organizations, Non-profit Civic Groups and Foundations, Homeowners Associations and Local Businesses, and City of Converse Residents for specific purposes such as holding meetings, ceremonial events, fundraisers and benefits, and trainings.
- Rental of this facility is only available Monday through Thursday, for a maximum of four (4) hours between 5:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m., for a Flat Fee of $25.00 per use plus a Refundable Security Deposit of $50.00 , unless specifically authorized by the City Manager. Rental of this facility is not available Monday-Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:59 p.m.
- Organizations may request to the City Manager to use this facility outside the permitted hours and days as provided above, for a Rental Fee of $25.00 Per Hour plus a Refundable Security Deposit of $250.00 per use.
- All fees must be paid In-Full at time of Reservation.
- Possession and Consumption of Alcoholic Beverages is Prohibited in this facility.
- Rental requests must be made during regular business hours at least seven (7) business days in advance of event.
- Key to facility must be picked up no sooner than the same date of rental, during regular business hours, 8:00am – 5:00pm, to access the facility on the date of usage. Key must be dropped in the Secured Dropbox located in front of City Hall by end of event.
- Cleaning of Facility must be done immediately after the event has ended. All tables, chairs, floors and any furnishings within and outside the facility must be cleaned and clear of any trash, food, banners and decorations to include any materials or products used to decorate. All trash must be removed and placed in proper trash receptacles.
- All equipment and supplies provided by the permit holder must be removed prior to the closing of the property.
- Applicant forfeits the Security Deposit Fee, if applicable, when cancellation of reservation is made within five (5) calendar days from the date of event booked.
- The security deposit may be refunded pending inspection of property after the event. Refund checks will be issued 7 – 10 business days after event. If damages occur to the facility or furnishings within the facility, or if permit holder loses the keys to the facility, the city will not refund the deposit; and the permit holder will also be responsible for all costs of repair to those damages incurred, including replacement, labor and materials costs. The city shall invoice permit holder of damages incurred.
- Applicants may be charged a Non-Refundable On-Call Fee of $50.00 in any case where renters contact on-call city personnel for access to facility at any time after regular business hours, or for any reason that was preventable by the permit holder.