Restrictions- as passed by ordinance in May 2011
Maps and Links
- It is an offense for a Sex Offender to establishing a permanent residence or temporary residence within two thousand (2,000) feet of the real property comprising a school, child care facility, child care institution, park or playground or other places where children regularly congregate.
- It is an offense for a Sex Offender to knowingly enter a Child Safety Zone.
- It is an offense for a Sex Offender to knowingly loiter on a public way within three hundred (300) feet of a Child Safety Zone.
- A Sex offender, shall not, on each October 30 and 31 (or any other date set by the City for trick-or-treaters) between the hours of 4pm and 11 pm, leave an exterior porch light on or otherwise invite trick-or-treaters to solicit the premises.
- It is an offense for a property owner to allow or rent any place, structure or part thereof, manufactured home, trailer, or any other conveyance, with the knowledge that it will be used as a permanent residence or a temporary residence by any person prohibited from establishing such permanent residence or temporary residence pursuant to the terms of this chapter, if such place, structure, or part thereof, manufactured home, trailer, or other conveyance is located with one thousand (1,000) feet, as defined in Section II (A) from a Child Safety Zone, as defined in Section I (D).
To view the restricted location map of Converse CLICK Here
(blue shaded area's are restricted)
Information from the Texas Department of Public Safety Sex Offender Registry may be found here. TXDPSSOR
You can view the complete amended ordinance for the City of Converse HERE